Motor Vehicle Accidents
If you have been injured in a car accident, acupuncture can help you recover faster and get relief from pain.
Your Med Pay coverage covers acupuncture
For most patients, acupuncture treatments and exams related to car accident injuries are completely covered by insurance at no cost to the patient. Contact your car insurance agency to check your coverage or call us if you need help. Some patients may not have Med Pay coverage but will be eligible for other car insurance coverage depending on the case.
Acupuncture can help with:
Migraines & Headaches
Concussion and TBI
Acupuncture remains one of the most effective natural pain relief methods available. When it comes to recovering from a car accident, there are several reasons why acupuncture is so well suited to help. In short, acupuncture signals your body to enter a relaxed state and promotes your body's innate healing response to work better and faster. More details below.
1) Acupuncture treatment induces a parasympathetic nervous system response. After a car accident, the body is frequently pushed into a sympathetic state, known as the "fight-or-flight" response. This is a natural response since you just survived a potentially fatal accident, however it's not helpful for healing and it can make life very difficult. Acupuncture helps reduce anxiety and stress after an accident.
2) Acupuncture promotes healing and pain reduction using multiple, overlapping mechanisms. Acupuncture treatment stimulates the nervous system in different areas of the body. The stimulus travels from the peripheral nerves to the central nervous system and brain. The brain reads this "message" and sends out natural painkillers and anti-inflammatory compounds like enkephalins. It increases blood circulation to the injury site to complete the healing process. Increased blood circulation allows the removal of damaged tissue and inflammatory compounds, and fresh blood to the area speeds up the healing process in the affected tissues.
3) Acupuncture promotes healing while not further damaging soft tissue. In a car accident, whiplash frequently damages the ligaments and connective tissue in the neck. While chiropractic can be very beneficial for some, aggressive chiropractic adjustments can further damage soft tissue and slow healing time - even if they are correcting spinal alignment. Acupuncture excels at treating soft tissue imbalances and injuries. While it's important to have all your bones in the right place, it's your muscles and tendons that hold them in place. Which is why you can end up with relief after chiropractic, only to have to keep going every time the alignment goes out. Acupuncture works on stabilizing and balancing your muscles, tendons, ligaments and connective tissue - all while encouraging your body's healing response.
4) Xing Nao Kai Qiao is an acupuncture method that was developed for treatment of stroke related brain injuries. It has been widely recognized and researched for stroke recovery, and recently these techniques have also been applied to concussion and traumatic brain injury patients with excellent results. Xing Nao Kai Qiao is a powerful technique for stimulating the nervous system and brain to heal and recover from traumatic injury.
5) Trigger point acupuncture and orthopedic acupuncture techniques release tight muscles and break up scar tissue. If you've ever had a feeling like you've got a knot in your muscle that you just can't "get," we can get it. When even a deep tissue massage doesn't release your tension, we can find it and release it using trigger point acupuncture and orthopedic techniques. Rather than working all the muscles in the area like massage or TENs units, these needle techniques target the singular motor points of your tension and release it. Acupuncture can also break up scar tissue and adhesions in a unique way, which prevents injuries from getting worse over time.